CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

1.14.2009

Confused

One of the hardest grammar issues for me is the one I decided I should start with first. I have a problem deciding if I should use "effect" or "affect" in a sentence. Sometimes I will change my whole sentence just so I won't use the wrong one. Once I understand the definitions of both it should help me in choosing what one would be correct.


Affect - to influence

Effect - a result


This is the website that helped me come to the definitions of each: GrammarGirl


2 comments:

Felipe Navas said...

Hello ClareBear!

I wanted to thank you for taking time to read my blog. And to answer you question, I am from El Salvador C.A. What about yourself? where are you from? I'll take a look at the website "grammargirl" that you posted on your blog it sound interesting. I think it can help some of us out. I know it will help me for sure!
Have a nice day! Felipe Navas

SKendall said...

Clare V.-
I'm so excited to have this class with you. If I had signed up for the wrong class I would have switched. It's just about the only time that we get to spend together and now we can do homework together more often. :D
I always get confused with Who/Whom and Affect/Effect thanks for making one of them clear. I had to read someone elses grammar post to learn the who/m rule. By the way your link to your website doesn't work just fyi.