CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

2.11.2009

Public School Systems


After reading the two stories I looked back on my own public education. In the story by Rose he describes how he felt he did what he had to in order to get through high school, but he did it half-minded. To a degree I feel the same. Which goes along with the first story by Gatto about how the biggest problem for students and teachers is boredom. It was only in my AP classes that I felt engaged, and had to think outside of busy work and easy formulas and memorizing key terms. Maybe everyone that goes to public school is really just being conditioned to be a good working middle class citizen that know their place in society. And the students that get into college especially ivy league schools and other notables are being trained to be the next leaders of the "good working middle class citizens". Is it right? I don't know, but it does work to sort out the "leaders" from the "trouble makers" and the nonconformists from the sheep.

0 comments: